The Evolution Of Instagram Stories
It’s hard to believe, but Instagram Stories is already two years old! Today, we look back at its evolution over the last 2 years.
Instagram Stories has developed a lot in two years. Instagram has worked very hard to bring innovative and exciting features that allow people to express themselves in new ways and connect more deeply with friends.” Music Stickers, for example, Poll Stickers, the Emoji Slider, the Questions Sticker, or even shopping. And while AR is nothing new, Instagram has launched new methods to find and use it.
Here is a retrospective on the evolution of Instagram Stories over the past 2 years :
- August 2016: Stories launch
- November 2016: Instagram integrates Boomerangs to Stories
- October 2017: Two new features change the way people use the format: superzoom and polls
- February 2018: Instagram introduces “Type Mode”
- May 2018: With Emoji sliders, users get an even funnier way to poll their friends
- June 2018: Users can now use Music in Stories
- July 2018: With “questions” users can now ask open questions to their followers and share the responses
- Soon: Shopping on Stories
So…What’s coming in the future ?